Lillehammer Climate & Temperature
- Lillehammer, Norway is at 61°4'N, 10°28'E, 241 m (791 ft). See map.
- Lillehammer has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Lillehammer is situated in or near the subpolar wet tundra biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 3.4 degrees Celsius (38.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25 °C (45°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -5°C (23°F) on average falling to -10.3°C (13.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 7.7°C (45.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -2.3°C (27.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 20.3°C (68.6°F) and average low temperatures are 9.3°C (48.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 7.3°C (45.2°F) during the day and lows of 0.3°C (32.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 691 mm (27.2 inches) which is equivalent to 691 Litres/m² (16.95 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1536 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Lillehammer you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Lillehammer Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Lillehammer Climate Graph in Metric Units
Lillehammer Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Lillehammer, Norway Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Orland, Norway - 294.5 kms (183 miles) N
- Trondheim, Norway - 259.5 kms (161.2 miles) N
- Kristiansund, Vestlandet, Norway - 267.1 kms (166 miles) NNW
- Kråkenes, Sogn Og Fjordane, Norway - 309.7 kms (192.5 miles) WNW
- Vagamo, Oppland, Norway - 113.9 kms (70.8 miles) NW
- Fannaråki/ Fanaråken, Sogn Og Fjordane, Norway - 146.1 kms (90.8 miles) WNW
- Lærdal, Western Norway, Norway - 159.5 kms (99.1 miles) W
- Geilo, Norway - 137.3 kms (85.3 miles) WSW
- Bergen, Norway - 290.8 kms (180.7 miles) WSW
- Bergen - Florida, Norway - 290.5 kms (180.5 miles) WSW
- Dalen, Telemark, Norway - 227.4 kms (141.3 miles) SW